How Fabulous! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by my favorite toddler blogger Growing Up Madison! Check her out, she’s super adorable and is clearly the most brilliant toddler ever (I mean she writes a blog)!!!
What is the Liebster Award?
I was definitely curious about this. I’d been seeing it going around on other blogs, even just the random comment at times telling the blogger that they had been nominated for the Liebster Award, but, honestly, never thought to look up the details until I received the nomination myself. It’s a cute concept if you ask me, though, in my research, I see that bloggers have mixed feelings about it. At any rate, here goes. The Liebster Award, is basically a badge of honor bestowed by the nominating blogger. It’s their way of saying, “hey, this is a nice blog that I think you should check out!” There’s no nominating committee, no long drawn out process that you have to go through… it’s a nice, personal expression to say, I like this blog, go check it out. With all that being said, the gist of it is that the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 300 followers (some blogs say less than 200 followers, though apparently, the original amount was less than 3,000). Either way, I qualify. LOL! “Liebster,” it seems, is also the German word for “favorite” so yay, my blog is at least on one person’s fave list!!! Love it, that makes me smile!
Thanks again Growing Up Madison!
Now, in order for me to accept my nomination I have to do the following things.
- Link back to the blog that nominated me
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 300 followers
- Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
- Share 11 random facts about myself
- Create 11 questions for my nominees, and
- Contact my nominees and let them know that I nominated them.
(Insert dramatic music) And my nominations for Liebster Award winning blogs are… envelope please…
Here are my answers to Madison’s questions:
- Why did you start blogging? I thought that it would be fun and I was inspired to do so. I have a lot that I ultimately want to share and I thought this was a good platform.
- Where would you live if you could anywhere on Earth? Somewhere that is warm and sunny everyday and where people love, respect and cherish each other and life in a serious way.
- Who is the most important person in your life? My family is super important to me; it’d have to be a tie between my daughter, son, husband and mother. They all rock!
- What is your favorite movie? Brown Sugar and Steel Magnolias (I like to cry at the movies)
- What is your favorite book? The Coldest Winter Ever (Don’t Judge Me)
- What 3 words would you use to describe yourself? Loyal, Interesting and Loving (I happen to think I’m kind of smart too)
- What would you say is a girls best friend? Concealer and Spanx if she’s over 30 and has kids.
- What can’t you leave the house without? My purse, it has everything in it.
- Do you have any hidden talents? Not sure if it’s hidden, but I’m a singer.
- Who’s your favorite superhero? Jesus, He has the best powers I’ve ever seen. I also like Wonder Woman/Super Woman for the obvious reasons! 😉
- What super villain would you be? Catwoman… she’s bad news, but she’s so sexy that you can’t help but want to have her around. Not that I’m bad news or anything, but I like the rest of her description. 😉
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I’m a classically trained singer.
- I like any shade of pink, but rich/bright pinks like fuchsia are my favorite.
- I met my husband in undergrad.
- In addition to my young daughter and son, I have an older step son. He’s a great kid.
- I’m a photo junkie! I love taking pictures but typically don’t like to be in them. I’ve never thought that I was very photogenic, but, I’m trying to start taking more pics of myself so that my kids can have them when I’m no longer here.
- I love being the hostess with the mostess, it’s my thing!
- I like doing things that allow me to be creative; scrapbooking, decorating, you name it.
- I’ve been writing creatively since 1st grade and in 3rd grade my creative writing class published a book.
- I listen to all types of music and I’m also a lyric junkie. Music Moods is a series coming soon to my blog.
- I totally have an accessory (and fingernail polish) addiction.
- I love wearing cute dresses!
My questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What makes you unique?
- What is your favorite random life moment?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What can’t you leave the house without?
- Who makes you smile simply at the thought of them?
- Have you ever been in love?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- Do you have any special talents?
- Sunshine or rain? Why?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with your winnings?
Congrats nominees, have fun with it!